Internet of Things (IOT)
The Internet of Things (IoT) module introduces the Internet of Things, which extends Internet connectivity from computers and related devices to other physical devices or common objects and leverages from technologies such as embedded systems, wireless sensors, and automation.
Over the last few years, there has been an explosion in the scale of the Internet of Things. Homes, offices, factories and entire cities are being made “smart” by the proliferation of internet-connected devices.
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day- to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
Offer ICDL in your organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, you should contact the local ICDL operator in your country.
You can find contact details for all ICDL operators on our ‘ICDL in your country‘ page.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
ICDL Diagnostic Tests, Certification Tests, and courses are available through a network of test centres around Europe.
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you